Determine remotely if heating is on

Options
Hi guys, I have a wireless tado starter kit that I have just installed. I want it to control heating remotely (mostly).

I installed it today for the first time and I notice that occasionally when I change the temperature on the thermostat it doesn't change on the app. Maybe 30 minutes later then it does get the new temp but it seems hit or miss.

My main concern though is that when I press the heating 'test' button on the hub the heating switches on (white) and the power light blinks yellow for two minutes as the manual suggests. But, if I don't press anything else the yellow flashing light will return to white and the heating stays on. Is it permanently on in this state? That would be ok if I could tell from the app that the heating was on but it doesn't. My heating square stays green and the three S shaped heating indicators are in 'off'. Is this expected?

If so this isn't great as I need to know if someone has left the heating on (remotely).

Thanks!

Answers

• wateroakley
    Options

You can easily check and control the heating remotely from the 'home' screen in the app on your device. 'Turn off all rooms' works remotely, so does 'geofencing'. If you use the geofencing tile, the geo devices show if they are local to home or away. If 'away', the lower temperature settings in the 'away' schedule should be shown as 'Set to nn.n' on the home screen tiles. if 'off' the tiles should be 'grey'.

The documentation says that 'test' mode should turn off after two minutes. Modern boilers have an over-run feature, which results in it staying on to pump water around, while heat is dissipated to protect it's components. (No idea why anyone at home would inadvertently fiddle with the test button?). I've not tested how long it would take for the app on your phone or widget to update after someone moves the SRV setting, although it's not going to be instantaneous. You can set the child lock in the app SRV settings to prevent others changing settings by fiddling with the SRV. The wireless thermostat settings in the app do not appear to have a lock. The colour of the tile in the app is a temperature indication.