Worcester greenstar 34cdi wiring

Options
Hi, I’ve purchased a kit and looked through a few guides and videos on how to wire to the boiler, I’ve seen a user (thread below) not wire into the Ns Ls ports on the boiler, but the instructions from Tado and Worcester advise to connect to these and not the bb.
I’m not sure about the switch bridge where this goes on my model as the YouTube video I seen was a different set of connectors.
Below is the thread which was wired to the bb instead of the ports advised by tado and Worcester.
I’d appreciate if anyone has simple instructions a novice can follow.
I don’t want to follow the instructions I have from tado and end up with no heating or water.

Thanks I’m advance
Kevin

https://community.tado.com/en-gb/discussion/8217/problems-installing-extension-kit-smart-thermostat-worcester-bosch-greenstar-34cdi-classic

Best Answer

• GrilledCheese2
    GrilledCheese2 ✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

@Kev1_n LS & LR are the connections for 230V relay control. LS = Live Supply and LR = Live Return. The control mechanism is a relay which makes or breaks the connection between LS and LR. When LR is at 230V your boiler switches on.

The BB connections are for a low voltage digital bus, enabling the thermostat to send digital commands to the boiler. Think of it like two computers that are able to send information to each other using a pair of wires.

Answers

• Kev1_n
    Options
    To update I simply followed the tado instructions and it worked out fine, connected to the green board with LS LR etc, I’m not clear on why there is a need to use the bb connections.
  • Kev1_n
    Options
    Thanks for the explanation @GrilledCheese2 that makes sense, similar to the comfort RF 11 I replaced. i’ve read about modulation being more efficient using the bb but from what I picked up, our uk kits don’t support this so I didn’t go down that route. But would be happy to go that way if it would work and be more efficient 👍