Thermostats calling for maximum heat when in away mode

Options
So… This is a weird one. No one is home, the system is in away mode, yet one of the rooms is asking for maximum heat even though it was automatically set to frost protection. I would have expected that that meant heat requests should be canceled IMMEDIATELY.

I’ve manually turned off the whole house with the “Turn off” button in the app. The room still asks for heat.

I’ve turned the house on Home mode and then turned that room off manually. Still calling for heat. This is frustrating and annoying as this is basic functionality that seems completely broken. And I’m 2000km away and can’t do anything to turn off the heat…

Comments

• JohnWH
    Options

@zeusent

It certainly sounds like you've done everything correctly to shut off any heating.

Just a thought in case you've not already contacted them - could Tado's emergency support team help by remotely logging on & checking that there are no settings causing the unwanted heating?

Hope you get it sorted ASAP.

• Talma
    Options
    Very very disappointing but just discovered I have a similar issue. Since 3 weeks we have been on holidays. Just before we left I manually switched to Away mode and checked frost protection is on. But everyday we use about 4m3 of gas. That’s like winter conditions! Just great. Trying to save energy with Tado but actually it is doing the opposite. Unfortunately I can’t access the Tado devices since I also switched of the internet modem in my house. Maybe this has triggered some weird buggy Tado software scenario? The gas consumption is recorded bu the energy supplier via a certified smart meter recording in (near) real time.

I hope Tado can find the bug. If needed I can supply data once back home.
  • GrayDav4276
    Options
    @Talma
    Our tado° systems "NEED" to be connected to the Internet via your Router at all times.....otherwise the tado° devices have no access to the schedules (including the "away mode" feature).
    You have inadvertently "disabled" your system.

@zeusent
    Your issue could be being caused by a device having a "low battery" fault.
  • gary333
    Options

Are you seeing the calling for heat on the history graphs? The reason I ask is I used to see Tado fire the boiler many times (usually around midnight) even when in away mode. This was not visible in the app history, and only visible when I check the boiler screen and it says Tado is calling for heat. Support said they couldn't see this and were no further help.

I haven't noticed this behaviour for quite some time and usually find gas usage is zero now when waking up, however maybe this is something that happens (for my scenario) when the boiler is in active use (winter).