Boiler won't turn off

Options

Hi All,

Got myself setup with a Tado system throughout the house, but it seems that the boiler won't switch off, even when I tell Tado to turn off all rooms. I'm not sure if it is a wiring issue or not.

The setup is:

Boiler for hot water and heating

Hot water tank

3 heating zones downstairs for wet UFH with 3 x wired Tado thermostats

1 heating zone upstairs (3 x radiators with smart TRV and 1 central landing rad without TRV) with single wireless thermostats. This was previously a wired thermostat with 2 wires (240v) and wires joined together with the connector blocks as per the Tado installation instructions.

Tado hot water / heating wireless receiver. Previously a Wired Honeywell hot water / heating timer.

Previous wiring for the HoneyWell was timer was:

And this is the wired setup for Tado as of now (S-Plan)

I think a fact that the heating light isn't on could be a clue, as when I took this photo, the UFH was on and smart TRV in the bedroom was too (providing heat too).

Another thing to note is, that the radiator without the TRV I can hear water flowing through and obviously gets hot, but when I turn the hot water on, the hot water light appears on the receiver and I can hear the water flow stop to that radiator 🤨

Any ideas please?

Many thanks 😊

Comments

• @begbie hello,
    Tado has a lot of issues. Amongst others, i reported the same issue as you to the support team. They said that it’s best i go for another device than tado, and their so called “team leader” German approved it. Here is their email:
    Hello Paul,

thank you for contacting us. I kindly ask you to leave your feature request in the tado° Community, so it can be discussed and voted on by our community members.

That feedback then helps us determine what we should change, and which features we should develop further.

We are currently doing the best we can to innovate and develop our products and services to the highest level that we can. However, this also means that implementations take time to be fully integrated and work properly along with all consumers. So if you are looking for a solution to all of these things now, it would seem best for you to choose something other than tadoº - as I cannot guarantee you at this very moment that there are no more delays in features like open window detection, for example.

Please have a look over the following link where you can start the returning process.

In case you have any more questions, do not hesitate to reach out to me directly.

Wishing you a lovely weekend.

Kind regards,

Wendy