Smart Thermostat - Tado and HomeKit interfering - reverts to Frost Protection

Options

I have just installed a smart thermostat.

On more than one occasion I have found that the heating is OFF and when I go into the Tado app, I have to 'Resume Schedule' as it has reverted to Frost Protection.

I then find that accessing the heating via the Home OS desktop app causes the Tado to toggle to Frost Protection. Not always, but often.

Anyone else experiencing this?

Answers

• OK, sorry, I clearly searched inadequately.

I now find other posts explaining that Tado cannot be used with HomeKit as using Home app to do anything will cause a reset of the Tado to Frost or Off of whatever, requiring you to then go into the Tado app to 'Resume Schedule'.

Could people therefore confirm that Tado is incompatible with Apple Homekit?

• I saw the Tado article explaining that any CHANGE to a setting reverts the Tado to MANUAL, but I am only VIEWING the settings yet it has the same effect.

• Tado has a lot of issues. If i could turn back time i would have gone for something else than tado. Especially since the support team is useless, if you report a problem like firmware not updating, they get upset and recommend you return tado and buy something else
  • MasterLink
    Options

I purchased tado for its Homekit integration. I have the same issue with accessing the tado system in Homekit switching off the schedule. I see reports of this going back to 2019, so it’s reasonable to assume that tado are not capable of fixing this problem. The cost of replacing it is the only reason I’m keeping it.

• Jimmyjj32
    Options
    Hello. Is there a fix for this issue?
    I use the app on an android device. I use Google home in the house. Everything in the last 2 years of having the system have been fine but all of a sudden it is applying frost protection, overriding my schedules. I can, on the app, manually change this but is not ideal in winter (product not doing what it should do).