Changing from heatmiser to tado

Options

I would be grateful for some advice. I have half upgraded to tado, fitting smart thermoses to all my my radiators (7). I would like to add tado thermostat/s..

We have a Worcester Greenstar 42 CDi Classic combiboiler and 3 Heatmiser thermostats. 

At present only one thermostat will turn the boiler on and if not on the heating obviously doesn’t work. I think was probably an error made when installed, . This thermostat is on the first floor where we have most of our radiators.

The other 2 thermostats are connected to the wet under floor heating. There are 3 UFH circuits. One thermostat operates 2 circuits and the other the remaining 1. 

They are connected to a heatmiser UH8 which  operates the manifold which has its own pump.

My question is can I simply replace the 3 Heatmiser thermostats with todo Thermostats?

How would I wire them?

Would each thermostat be able to call for heating independently ?

Can I continue to use the heatmiser UH8

Many thanks in advance

John Horton

Answers

• Don't even think about buying tado. Their support is useless and there are a lot of connectivity issues. I pushed them to help me and then they responded that it's best to buy something other than tado. If they say this, it's probibally true. Here is the email i got from them:

Hello Paul,

thank you for contacting us. I kindly ask you to leave your feature request in the tado° Community, so it can be discussed and voted on by our community members. 

That feedback then helps us determine what we should change, and which features we should develop further.

We are currently doing the best we can to innovate and develop our products and services to the highest level that we can. However, this also means that implementations take time to be fully integrated and work properly along with all consumers. So if you are looking for a solution to all of these things now, it would seem best for you to choose something other than tadoº - as I cannot guarantee you at this very moment that there are no more delays in features like open window detection, for example.

Please have a look over the following link where you can start the returning process.

In case you have any more questions, do not hesitate to reach out to me directly.

Wishing you a lovely weekend.

Kind regards,

Wendy

• @MagicDocJohn Did you get this sorted?
    I have the same predicament.
  • Yes I did. I swapped the Heatmiser thermostats for TaDo and it works well. Each will call for heating independently as I had hoped. The only issue I had was that I assumed all the TaDo thermostats were the same. The additional thermostats must be the Add-on ones.
  • garciasa
    Options

Hi @MagicDocJohn,

I'm in the process of replacing my Heatmiser thermostats too, Would you tell me if you used the L and A2 (Heatmiser) to connect to COM NO in the Tado? and you get rid of the N?

I really appreciate any help you can provide.

• Ian81
    Options
    Hi. I find my in a similar situation - can you explain what you did to resolve the issues please? Many thanks
  • xfield
    Options
    I have just installed two zone ufh in my house, alongside rads all with tado trvs. I have a Heatmiser UH4 linking it all to the combi boiler. The two ufh zones have tado wired thermostats, one of which also has a wireless thermostat. The rads all link back to the tado extension kit, which is wired in to the fourth/last zone on the heatmiser (and is set to not enable the ufh pump and valve). In the tado app I now have three zone controllers.

Fundamentally you can exchange your existing wired heatmiser thermostats for tado wired thermostats. You'll still need the heatmiser wiring centre to coordinate when the boiler, manifold valve, pump and actuators are enabled.
  • AnupChavda
    Options

Just wondering if anyone has the updated wiring for moving from Heatmiser NeoStat to Tado.

Would really appreciate if someone could tell me how:

On the Heatmiser -> Tado

L ->

N ->

A1 ->

A2 ->

Thanks in advance

• grumgrum
    Options

Hiya did you manage to get the results you wanted? Going to install mine this weekend.