No Remote Access

Options
Seriously getting annoyed and about to rip the whole system out. Whenever I am out of the house, remote access fails.

I’ve tried all the trouble shooting and often just had to power off and reposed devices. Something I can’t do when I am not home. When will this issue be fixed, looking through the forums this is a problem faced by many.

Comments

• johnbur
    johnbur ✭✭✭
    Options
    Remote access fails every time you are out of the house, but is working OK when you are at home?
  • Zoncks
    Options
    Only when I decide to travel a few hours from home. As if it’s messing with me, it’s fine if I go shopping or to a friend. I am now home, I am connected to the app, I no longer have the
    ‘No remote access
    but the receiver isn’t turning on the call for heat yet the app says it’s connected. It’s driving me mad.
  • paul0000
    Options

Not sure if it helps, but I used to suffer with this fairly frequently. It's normally either the internet bridge no longer has internet connection (unlikely as it's wired not wifi) or the extension kit has lost connectivity to the internet bridge. Assuming you have the three lights on the internet bridge?

I also went through this with support and they made an adjustment to a channel that the devices used to communicate - this made an almost immediate improvement.

I'm still in the habit of rebooting both weekly and find stability much better (I know, I shouldn't have to ...).

• Zoncks
    Options
    Honestly, I’ve dismantled the system and was going to return it but I’m hoping for a second chance solution. Maybe I’ll try this channel thing, how do I do if?
  • paul0000
    Options

@Zoncks Just saw your note. I contacted support, and they actually recommended it as were having trouble connecting to the extension kit.

I guess you could probably ask them if they can check for interference and adjust the channel. Hopefully they'll understand the request.