Switch to OpenTherm “clean” smart info

Options
Hi,

In a few weeks my boiler will be wired for OpenTherm (it’s on/off now) and the wires in the thermostat will be switched to the +/-. And of course the installation guy will make some config changes in the thermostat itself.

So far so good.

The question I have in this situation is: is it needed to “clean” the smart info that is stored in the thermostat/my account when the switch to Openthem is made? Or will the new info of the temp increase at x percent heating automatically override the previous data

This because with on/off it’s 0% or 100% on the boiler but the Tado is sometimes requesting 1 or 2 flames (seen in the graph in the Tado app).

And looking at the info my Home Assistant setup is pulling from the Tado API I see that Tado is heating for 12%, 30%, 80% etc etc. When the request is more then 50% I hear the “click” of the relay and the boiler is turning.

I want to prevent Tado is thinking it’s needs heating x percentage to keep the temp (based on the on/off info), but in reality 0% is also good enough for a while ( request is less then 50% with on/off)

I hope my question is clear enough, if not I’ll try to explain more based on your questions.

Thanks