Thermostat stuck on 'Configuration Download'

Options

I have been using Tado in my house for a week now, and it has worked fine for a week. Last night I added 2 more valves to the system, and moved the bridge. Both new valves are connected and can show 'hi' on command. I can see that the wired thermostat is connected because I can send the text 'hi' as well. I can see the temperature history in all my rooms as well.

However, the wired room thermostat remains on Configuration Download; a gear and a downward arrow. When I change the temperature on a thermostat valve, nothing happens. I've tried removing the batteries for a minute, and longpressing the button on the front.

How to fix this? It's freezing outside.

Best Answer

• Endran
    Endran
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Yeah, it turned out that there is a maximum of 7 devices per area (thermostats and valves). Earlier I had 6, but by adding two more valves I exceeded the maximum. The app does not give a warning about this, which I think is an important short coming.

Double check the number of devices in your rooms, and make sure to keep it a 7 max. This resolved my issue. Goodluck!

Answers

• MGouw
    Options

Same problem here... anyone a solution?

• @Endran where did you find that there is a maximum of 6 devices? 6 devices per internet bridge or room? I have 9
  • Beni
    Options
    I have max 6 devices per room. 11 per apartment and facing this problem :(
  • GrayDav4276
    Options

Hi @Endran

That's a lot of heating devices in one room........must be a massive room.

Are you aware that you can have more rooms.......it almost sounds like you are treating your whole house as 1 room. You can have more than 1 device in a room, with 1 device chosen to be the "measuring device" and each room has it's own schedule.

Apologies if I've misunderstood what you mean.

• Egg1000
    Egg1000
    edited January 2023
    Options

Not sure that's the issue. I've installed and set it up today and I've just got the downloading configuration icon too. Did this sort itself out, and if so, after how long? I've literally only got the thermometer, bridge and control box.

Edit : just realised it's 2023 and this thread is a year old

• Darcy
    Options
    @Egg1000 how did you solve the issue?