Faceplates don’t click and not very secure

Options
Hello,

I’ve just completed my Tado installation that included 2 x smart thermostats and 3 x temperature sensors.

It’s all gone very well apart from one little thing!?!

All the faceplates have this tab that should click rather than the old versions which had a small screw.

I followed the instructions and hook the top on the two small tabs but the lower bit just never clicks. So it’s basically just hanging there and the slightest contact would cause it to fall to the floor.

I’ve spent hours playing with the 5 face plates that I have and they are all the same. They don’t click and are literally hanging by a thread.

I suspect the bump on the lower tab is just too small to engage.

I’ve tried loosening the back plate a bit just in case an uneven wall has distorted it a bit. But it doesn’t make any difference.

So close to a perfect installation then failed at the last hurdle.

Have I done anything wrong? Is this a known problem?

Thanks,

John.

Answers

• rafm5
    rafm5 ✭✭✭
    edited December 2021
    Options

@jpearce I noticed same thing, but both front and back plates are well fit together, so IMHO it is more about how well the wall is made & how the back panel is tightened to the wall. Top plastic tabs are strong and keep the face plates securely. Although no 'click' can be heard, I have no concerns about tado° falling down to the floor.

• Scale70
    Options

Completely agree. Mine is the same. I ended up putting two small blobs of blue tack under the thermostat which holds it much more securely....

• BoutTime
    Options
    I have the same issue here.