As far as I can tell, the Tado software doesn't work at all. Would love to be proved wrong!

Options

I have four Smart AC Control V3+s, all controlling individual Midea A/C heating units. I bought the Tado's as a way to get the heaters onto HomeKit, but HomeKit integration is abysmal, so had to give up on that.

So I've been trying to use the Tado app. I've set up schedules (a pain to have to do all of them individually, even though all the schedules are the same!). In particular they should come on in the evening and warm to 20ºC (then later drop the target temp to 19ºC). But all of the units basically seem to just heat to random temperatures. One of them switches off at about 18ºC, another heats to about 24ºC, for example - and those are in two identical rooms! There appears to be no pattern - just random.

So I'm having to just manually keep adjusting all the temperatures for all the units individually and directly - which is incredibly tedious - and makes my Tado investment worse than useless (because now I have these things attached to walls and wired in!).

The hardware seems to be working fine. It's measuring temperature reasonably well. It can control the Midea units just fine when asked to directly. But it seems incapable of doing any sort of automation - which is the sole point of them.

So I can't understand how this situation can be. Since it's happening with all four units, some of which were bought at different times, I can't see how it can be just down to me. Is anybody able to get these things to work in an even remotely usable way?