Internet Bridge keeps losing connection with the router/cloud

Options

After any suggestions as I'm at my wits end. My internet bridge over the last 10 days won't stay connected to my router. It either loses the router (Sky SR101) or won't connect to the cloud. I've tried moving the bridge to a more central location, checked all the settings in the router, changed the cables in case there was a break. Occasionally I can get the bridge to reconnect, but it barely lasts an hour before the bridge loses the connection again. I don't know what else to do...

Comments

• Bikerdude
    Options
    After multiple attempts last night I got it to connect... for an hour. This morning, no heating. I've created a ticket with Tado but not had a reply yet, but it's not been 2 days... any suggestions anyone? I really don't know what else to do.
    Is there anyway to see if the bridge is faulty?

Thanks, Leo
  • davidlyall
    Options

Is the bridge connected directly to your router or via any sort of ethernet extender? e.g. a powerline device

Have you tried different network ports on the router? What lights are showing on the bridge when it disconnects? How is it powered? Are there any settings on the Sky router that could be causing this? They may have updated the router firmware recently and this could be the cause

My bridge has been pretty much rock solid in the two years I've had it. I'm on Vodafone broadband and it's connected directly to the router on ethernet and also uses the router's USB for power.

Other than poor range and no mesh capability, I'm not aware of any specific issues with the bridges so yours may just have developed a fault or there's an issue with the router

• rafm5
    rafm5 ✭✭✭
    Options

@Bikerdude Has anything changed in the last 10 days? New router firmware etc, change to DHCP settings? Get a new router for few hours.

• paul0000
    Options

If you haven't already done so, I'd suggest rebooting your home router? You could also try a factory reset of the internet bridge and adding back to your setup.

• I have hit similar issues recently. On about the 3rd December my tado started really playing up. Been rock solid for years and then all of a sudden I was having all sorts of problems. From disconnects from tbe cloud to schedules not hitting the valves even when it was connected. I spoke to support who were adamant it was/is my Internet. Seemingly nothing had changed my side and apparently no firmware updates had been pushed for a month.

Anyway, I've had a week or so of having hell with the system, waking up to a cold house, waking up with a hot house and general complaining from my family. We tried everything, new ethernet cable, different ports on router, DHCP reservation and moving device etc. Nothing was working and nothing more from support apart from suggestion I need to switch my router out. Even though I'm confident I did not have any Internet problems - being on Teams video calls all day and watching 4K Netflix at night without any issues whatsoever - tado wasn't working even whilst doing said activities.

My last point of call was to order a new bridge as I thought I'd developed a hardware fault, possibly software but support have assured me nothing has changed.

Alas, I'm waiting for my new bridge and touch wood the system started to miraculously work last night. The bridge hasn't been delivered yet but hoping I can send that back if things are working again. Support have said nothing has changed their end but things are working.

Now the interesting bit, I am also a Sky Q customer. This has downsides as changing the router is a pain hence my push back on support and you can't change DNS due to them hardcoding that for their filters. So I couldn't prove it wasn't that, however it is now working. So I'm wondering if Sky were having a DNS issue with tado or some routing issue.

However, I'm ecstatic it's working again and crossing my fingers my problem has now resolved. I'll leave a few days and see what happens before I return my new bridge.