Bug: Switching on via alexa routines sets temp to 21 degrees

If you use Alexa routines to switch off and on a thermostat then it will always default to 21 degrees instead of the schedule (even if the schedule is for it to be off anyway.) This means a basic functions like disabling the heating when the ring alarm is armed or disabling unoccupied parts of the house are impossible.

2 votes

Active · Last Updated

Comments

• Hi @blendfish

Sorry to say you must be doing something wrong within the Alexa Routine setup......I have a few Alexa Routines set up and all work perfectly.......Also my Alexa voice activations all work perfectly as well. My Alexa is on my Android devices are you on Android or iPhone ??🤔

• All I've done is to is to set the power to off and then back on. I have not specified a temperature in the routine, yet when switched on its set to 21 degrees (even if the schedule is for it to be off). This is definitely not something I've set as our house is heated to 20 not 21. It's a bug.
  • GrayDav4276
    GrayDav4276 ✭✭✭
    edited December 2021

Hi @blendfish ,

If it is a bug then it must be specific to your Tado/Alexa set up.......because as I stated in my previous reply, my Alexa activations via Alexa Routines and also via voice activation work perfectly.

If you are convinced that it's a bug then you should report it to Tado Support and see what they are able to do for you.

Good luck

P.S. The Alexa default temperature is 24° C this can/should be adjusted to your desired temperature setting.

• Strange. I've just tested and if I simply go to the Alexa app and switch the thermostat off and on using the built in button it sets it to 21.
  • Hi @blendfish
    I noticed in your original post that you state

"This means a basic functions like disabling the heating when the ring alarm is armed or disabling unoccupied parts of the house are impossible."

So I'm left assuming that your "issue" may not be "Alexa" related at all, as you appear to be attempting to integrate other systems within your Tado setup.

As I keep saying.....my Alexa integration with my Tado system works perfectly.
    Perhaps you have not integrated/setup your systems correctly.....just a thought.
    If you are convinced that it's a "bug" then have you contacted Tado Support yet as I recommended earlier?? 🤔