Replace a Salus ST620WBC RF Receiver

Options

Our boiler currently has a Salus ST620WBC RF receiver installed into the boiler unit. It also has a Siemans unit attached to the wall; I have no idea if this does anything as our (not working) thermostat system is all Salus.

The boiler is a Worcester Greenstar 28i Junior combi. There are no instructions as to how to replace the above. Unhelpfully, some Salus RF units are compatible, some aren't. We have the wireless receiver unit (as if there was nothing installed at all) so even if the RF unit isn't compatible, surely we should be able to just replace the thing?

Is anyone able to please provide instructions, or at least let us know if we should just try (again) to get an electrician to fit it? We've been having "all on" or "all off" heating for weeks because nobody is free to fit it, and it's not great.

I've attached photos of the two units. It's quite frustrating that you can't get to the 'may not be compatible' stage until you've got the things. On the plus side, the router element and the thermostat itself paired extremely easily, but they're currently just expensive decorations.