How to make wired smart thermostat a Zone Controller

Options
Muzungo
Muzungo
edited October 2021 in General Questions & Topics

I have a combi with four zone valves

Valve 1 - UFH, with dedicated Wired Smart Thermostat (not showing up as zone controller in the app, but works fine);

Valve 2 - UFH, with dedicated Wired Smart Thermostat (not showing up as zone controller in the app, but works fine);

Valve 3 (First Floor Rads), with an Extension Kit. There is a wireless Smart Thermostat and 3 Smart Radiator Valves all set up with the Extension Kit as their zone controller (the Extension Kit shows up as a Zone Controller, and works fine);

Valve 4 (Ground floor Rads), with:

1) a Wired Smart Thermostat (in the hallway - which does not show up a zone controller, but does open and close the valve) - to which I am trying to add:

2) a Smart Radiator Thermostat (in the front room). This is the problem. Because the Wired Smart Thermostat does not show up a Zone Controller, I cannot select it, and make the Smart Radiator Valve in the front room open and close the zone valve reliably. The only choices it gives me are between the Extension kit, and independent.

At the moment, this means that the Smart Radiator Valve in the front room will only heat the radiator if the Wired Smart Thermostat in the hallway happens to be on already.

I have tried to set up the Wired Smart Thermostat again, and it will not allow me to set it up as a Zone.

Any ideas very much appreciated.

Raphael

Answers

• SPGordon
    Options

I have a very similar problem. Smart Thermostat not showing as zone controller. Help please.

• johnnyp78
    Options
    It might be obvious, but have you tried this? https://support.tado.com/en/articles/4836146-my-smart-thermostat-is-not-shown-as-a-zone-controller-what-can-i-do
  • Matticulas
    edited November 2022
    Options

I had this issue myself and managed to get it resolved.

I had just a wired thermostat and smart radiator valves, all working correctly with the wired stat working as a zone controller. Then, when I added a wireless thermostat for the underfloor heating, things went wrong...

The rooms for the radiators valves immediately got assigned the new wireless receiver as their zone controller. In the app I only seemed to have the options to have them assigned to the new wireless receiver or have them unassigned.

I phoned the professional installer hotline (I am an electrician) and they were able to make this configuration for me immediately. Now in the app the wired thermostat is showing up as a zone controller.

At the time of writing, you can't make this configuration in the app yourself initially, you need to get assistance from tado to resolve this for you.

• Muzungo
    Options

Thanks for that! Not being a sparky myself, they might not talk to me, but at least I know to rattle their cage