Smart Wired Thermostat - Zone Controller

Options

Hi All, So I have been through the help section and followed the instructions on setting up the smart wired thermostat and I just cant get it to become a zone controller.

Some background, we have had the system for a good 2 years now and it all works perfectly, lots of TRV's, Controller for the HW (extension kit, also the zone controller), and a Wired smart thermostat to trigger the UFH(water) system.

We have now removed the UFH(water) system and repurposed it to serve as a 2nd Zone for some radiators. We would like to configure the wired smart thermostat as a Zone controller so that the two rooms that are in this area can call for heat independently. But the Smart Wired Thermostat just will not show as a zone controller I can only select the Extension kit or none :-(

In order to get round this have have just put the thermostat and the 2 TRV's in the same room so I have heat, just not an ideal method :-(

Any ideas ?

Rob

Answers

• Hi Rob,

Did you ever manage to set up that wired smart thermostat as a Zone Controller?

I have the same issue, despite the numerous times I have restarted the installation of them, they are still not showing as zone controllers.

In my case, the house is divided into 2 heating zones. One serves 4 rooms and the other serves 8 rooms [inc. bathrooms and hallways]. I need to be able to set all those rooms linked to the correct smart thermostat, but I am unable to get them set up as zone controllers.

If I was to add all those radiators to 2 rooms in order to link them to the smart thermostats, then the purpose for getting tado to avoid heating floors that are not in used would be throwned out of the window, and so the money I paid for the Tado system.

😔