Which adapter for oventrop

Options
bartman
bartman
edited September 2022 in General Questions & Topics

Hey fellow tado community,

I'm a new tado user and now I'm sitting here with a bunch of adapters and none of them seem to fit. I have an oventrop thermostat and I checked the compatibility list here. For me they look all similar. It seems that I have to order a special adapter. Before I do that I'm sure one of you pros can help me to identify the adapter I need (see attached pics) before I have to order some by trial and error. Thanks for you to take the time considering to support me!

Heating:

I can screw the tado on there, but then the tado unit itself sits quite loose.

Thermostat:

(Screw thread diameter ca. 30mm)

Best Answer

• bartman
    bartman
    Answer ✓
    Options

I managed to fix it with the Oventrop Adapter M30 x 1.0 mm, EAN 4026755228717 (thanks to the tado support). It's even better than the plastic adapters that come with the tado set itself because this one is metal. It appears very stable. I bought this one: https://amzn.to/3BV2DfQ

Answers

• bartman
    Options

Hi @GrayDav4276,

thanks for your reply! I now know that tado has no specific adapter for it. I try to order one in the internet and will reply here if it worked out. Fingers crossed.

• Mrbobinge
    Options

Strange. My Tado replaced the Oventrop (RTL printed on face of top-cap) directly onto towel rack. I'd fussed about trying Tado supplied plastic adapters but then, removed 2 old Oventrop adapter bits and voila, Tado screwed firmly on.