Tado Radiator Smart thermostat - 'mounting Issue'

Abz
Abz

Hi All.

I have the following issue with one of my radiator thermostats and im looking to nip this problem in the bud.

So, this particular tado rad thermostat has been working flawlessly up until about a few months ago.

The dreaded red dot appeared on the app so investigated further and it says the device is not mounted properly.

Thats weird i thought, its been working fine.

Checked the stat, and yes it was mounted correctly with no E codes. (in not using any adaptors on any of the SIX valves).

Unmounted the rad valve and refitted but it wasnt able to calibrate properly. When I mounted the valve there was only the blinking on the screen (the three OOO), no noise that the valve was locating the pin.

Batteries perhaps, i thought. so i changed the batteries and this time it worked as normal.

However this very problem has reoccurred several times in the space of two months now and I refuse to believe that the batteries are the issue.

The same message has popped up on the app today Jan 18 2020 and its only been 4 weeks since i replaced the batteries in the thermostat. The rad comes on for a about 4 hours in the morning and about 3 hours at night. Same as a couple of other rads in the house and they dont have this issue.

I think i have a rad stat that is defective.

Anyone have any similar experiences or able to offer a fix for this.

Best Answer

Answers

• Hi

Thanks, that seemed to work. I put new Duracells in today and its calibrated with no problems. Will see how it goes. The batteries i put in a few weeks ago were new Panasonics. I have noted todays date, I will see how long these last.

thanks

• I have the same issue with two of my smart radiator thermostats. I have to take the batteries out for a few minutes and the go through the installation procedure again to get them to work.

I have also noticed that both of them have small splits in the case so I have wound some tape around them but that hasn't helped. I don't know why they have spilt as both are tucked out of the way so they can't have had any knocks. Hopefully it is not a design flaw that means the reaming units will do the same.

• I am having this issue. Anyone find out a permanent fix for this?

• I had a similar problem with a brand new Rad Stat....would not calibrate...showed as not mounted properly....also showed as dead batteries. After much "tooing and froing" with Tado support....Tado finally agreed that the Rad Stat was faulty and agreed to replace it......new one fitted first time....all good now.
  • Had this same issue despite the mounting being OK. There is a manual workaround. Pop a paperclip into the hole shown here and hold down until you hear the calibration mechanism come to life, then quickly mount the valve.

• Good trick TadoFan...
    Has anyone noticed if this issue is linked to the type of batteries installed? It seems odd, but I've gone with some rechargeable in a few of my smart radiator thermostats and these have this mounting problem. I wonder if they aren't supplying enough current at the critical mounting step...?
  • I have I think the same issue. I have replaced batteries with rechargeables, I now can't get rid of the 'device not mounted' error. May have to revert to standard batteries, but it's a shame
  • Yes, not all rechargeable battery types are supported. Most supply only 1,2V instead of 1,5 for a normal battery.

• Thank you Tadofan326. That worked for me too.
  • Tadofan326 oh man I love you sooo much! I was struggling for days with the black pin stuck inside; this solved the problem. THANKS!