Extension Kit saying no remote access - but no obvious issues

Options

My app and account is saying there is no remote access to my extension kit - however the 3 lights are all lit on the bridge, I have no internet issues and the devices are paired....the heating and hot water are working - but still I have a red dot against my devices and no remote access next to extension kit - any ideas?

Answers

• BJW
    Options

Hi. I have the same issue which I spotted yesterday. Internet fine all 3 lights on bridge ok and I’ve gone through the troubleshooting, repaired the extension kit and thermostat and changed the batteries which were fine. I raised an issue with Tado yesterday and did expect to get a reply today however I’m still waiting. Will update if I get anything back.

• EmHemm
    Options

Thanks BJW, in one sense I am glad it's not just me! Let me know what response you get and if it fixes it - I will follow the same steps...it's all very odd!

• BJW
    Options

Hi EmHemm an update from yesterday. I still didnt get an answer by lunch today so I rang up the helpline number. Was asked to restart the extension kit a couple of times and reset the bridge all to avail. I was put through to another technical support guy who did a few tests. My extension kit looks ok to him. Although my phone app is showing no remote access (as is the app on wife’s phone and my I pad) I can still control my heating. He suspects it is a server issue which should resolve itself in a day or two, if not he said to get back in touch. Not quite a resolved solution but at least I can control the heating. Not sure if you can do the same. If yours is different suggest you also raise a case or ring the helpline when at home and have time to spare.

• BJW
    Options

Now working with me. Showing extension kit ok. You may need to log out then back into your tado account to clear the red dot.

• EmHemm
    Options

Randomly no red dot anymore with me either - and I didn't log out or anything - so clearly a server issue at their end methinks!

Thanks for your help!

• Hi,

Sorry for the late reply - there was an issue with some apps not receiving or not displaying information correctly. It has since been resolved and the cause was isolated and remedied.

Best regards,

Frank

This discussion has been closed.