Zero or complete lack of customer service????

Ok so I buys a new tado system.

Having big problems with it, only to find out certain settings need changing from the Tado office side. So I try to contact them.

NO CUSTOMER SERVICE PHONE NUMBER
Am redirected to an apparently more efficient service online.
I send a message there. Then am told it takes 1 day to get a reply. 3 days later I'm still waiting for a reply, and have sent another message to ask for a reply. And guess what. No reply.

Pretty disgraceful for an apparently "good" company.

So I'm stuck with a fluctuating heating system that I have no control over, thanks tado.

If there is anyone at tado reading this. Can you please just reply to your customers, it's kind of part of the price we pay to buy your products.... .

Comments

• Someone got back to me, about 1 hour after me posting this. Now I have a much bigger problem. They said they sorted the problem but my all my radiators are cold, with the app telling me it's working at full power lolol. Why have these got such good reviews on Amazon. Loosing sleep here.....
  • The after sales service is disgraceful. They need to start taking and answering phone calls. I’ve had to contact them on a few occasions and sometimes they do not understand what I’m trying to say and take 10 emails just to make them understand.
  • @Julie3760 That may well be caused by the sender of the messages…

• Although I have experienced atrocious levels of technical support from some other companies Tado’s team have always been excellent. In fact my last request, submitted online, was completed within 10 minutes!!!
    Other than being a satisfied customer I am not affiliated to Tado.
  • Tado has locked out my husbands details and won't let me allow back in need help re setting back up
  • I think you’ll need to contact Tado support for that.
  • Why has the tado app stopped working on my phone
  • Update the app, I had the same issue but they have released an update 👍
  • I’am always concerned when support companies decide to omit any telephone contact, usually means that it’s lacking something in management or cost.

therefore I have had to finally resort to the community service (which really means “self help” ) I have been trying get some sensible advice once passing the boring Bot saga but unfortunately humans don’t seem any better, therefore once again the phone call must be the final solution.

• i think the issue is partly down to people calling when they are non-tado related heating issues, and they essentially get bogged down with fielding calls for stuff that has nothing to do with them.

people will automatically assume that it must be Tado at fault when anything happens with their heating system.

plus, who actually wants to call someone these days? i'll always look for online methods of support first, be it online chat with the tech support, email, online support ticketing and community based forums. having to actually call someone would be the last resort for me.

• rafm5
    rafm5 ✭✭✭

@Chenks76 Also, heating period is on + black Friday deals just finished. Sales go up, new users are joining...

• Is it normal not to hear from their support team for days? It would appear they have locked my Smart Wireless AC unit.

I have an Airwell reverse cycle system and was attempting to get more than just "thermostat" mode. So I've been trying a bunch of different remote models (Airwell is often rebranded as EmailerAir, etc - so there are many possibilities).

Now no matter what I do (even trying to go back to "thermostat" mode) it always says contact support.

Tried to contact them, but seems nobody is home! Do I take it back to the store and swap it - or wait a little longer for them to answer?

(PS: Add the Airwell RC-4 remote and there would have been no dramas! I can see other people have asked for the RC-4 to be added as well.)

• have you tried the online chat option?

• Online chat doesn’t work. I have a simple
    question as to why does away mode keep defaulting back to schedule when I’ve set it manually but can’t find an answer. Makes me concerned that if I had a real prob with the system then I’d struggle to get help
  • Currently seems to be no support at all. I put in a request 3 days ago. Apparently not been seen yet. Fixed it myself in the meantime.

Early Xmas for tado?

Or maybe they've shut up shop completely, and we're just dealing with the servers now?

Still getting the marketing emails though. So long as they have their priorities right.

0/10 from me right now.

• rafm5
    rafm5 ✭✭✭

@Davo Just checked and it works well, do you have some content filtering extension / ad blocker?

• Oh it works for leaving a message... just seems not to get answered in a timely manner (I'm a few days in now too on waiting for a reply). So frustrating 😣

• Hello,

when I try to open a call, the robot asks for the s/n of the device and then time and date.

I have tried every possibile combination of date and time, it is never accepted.

Do you know the expected format ?

Thanks

• paul0000
    paul0000 ✭✭✭

@ato53 I've never had an issue inputting that detail in different formats, What device are you using to contact tado?

• Hello,

I am on the support page : https://support.tado.com/fr/

In attachment, the dialog with the robot (in french).

It always refuses the format of the date/time.

I did not find any way to ask a question before answering questions about the devices.

Thanks