How can I link a particular rooms smart TRV with that person's geofence?

Options
How can I link a room smart TRV with geofence of a particular mobile phone so that heating in that room switches on when the person that uses that room is almost home and switches off in that particular room when they leave the house ?

Can you provide step by step instructions for how to set this up ?

Would be a great help to reduce cost of heating in the house.

Thanks in advance

Answers

• GrayDav4276
    Options

At this time, what you are requesting is not possible due to the current technical ability of the tado° system.

• Scale70
    Options

you can do this with an Apple HomeKit automation if you you have that. An Apple TV and Apple iPhone would provide HomeKit.

• thefern
    Options

It is possible with HomeKit but unfortunately the Tado controls in HomeKit aren't great. There are a couple of possible alternatives and I use both which makes it more flexible:

1) Use Homebridge and the Tado plug in for HomeKit. This allows you to use HoneKit automations to manually override Tado and also return back to Auto mode.

2) Use IFTTT either with the IFTTT app and geofencing for that particular person and then updating the Tado for their room, or if they don't want IFTTT, you can have homekit trigger a shortcut to call a webhook in IFTTT.