Compatibility Buderus Logamax Plus GB162

Hi,

I own a Buderus Logamax Plus GB162-35 V3 driven by a wired thermostat RC35.

I also have an outdoor temperature sensor.

The boiler heats water for the radiators but also domestic hot water. The domestic hot water is stored in a 200 L tank and it circulates in a water loop on a weekly schedule. 

I consider to replace my thermostat RC35 by a TADO V3+ and to install connected thermostatic valve.

May you confirm that the thermostat TADO V3 will allow me to manage the circulation of the domestic hot water in the loop on a weekly schedule ?

Thank you very much.

LRenaux

Answers

• I would also like to know this. However I assume that Tado nor a customer has ever answered a question at this forum.
  • After having exchanged different emails with the client support, I finally decided to buy a Tado° system. (Internet bridge, wireless receiver, 2 x wireless temperature sensor, 5 x Smart radiator thermostat)

I installed it and connected it to my Buderus boiler in Dec 2021. Both radiators and domestic hot water are working well.

Every week, I keep track of gas consumption. After 7 months of use, I estimate to have reduced my gas consumption by around 15%

• Sounds good. I also found out how to connect the wires. The selection of the buderus Typ was not unique so it showed up a general manual instead of the specific one. I will see how this all will work for me. Just glad to get it run for now.
  • nmsaraujo
    nmsaraujo
    edited February 2023
    Hello guys, I have currently a Buderus Logamax gb172 managed by a RC310.

For your experience do you believe that the transition will be easy?

Any tips you may share regarding wiring? Currently, with the RC310, I only have 2 cables.
  • I have the same heating configuration as you do and also bought the Tado with 6 TRV's. The 6 TRV's work like a charm since last week, very happy with them. Today I also connected the thermostat, but since then my heating system runs without stopping and goes actually quite high in temperature - I had to manually stop it - for my underfloor heating... I wonder what's going wrong. Is there a way to check the communication? I tried to lower the temperature on the thermostat, but the heating system didn't stop :o