Android App keeps reverting to 'sign-on' screen!

Sorry if missed this one if raised previously but new to me. Keep having to sign on after quite a short period and the app even had the temerity to revert to sign-on in the middle of a short session. Good good it's not the middle of winter! Any ideas please?

Best Answers

• pcone
    pcone ✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Latest update published today seems to have fixed it for me on both my devices

• samd
    samd ✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

@GrayDav4276 Hi - certainly sorted following 6.58 for me.

Answers

• pcone
    pcone ✭✭✭

My Android App is doing the same - web app seems to be working fine

• samd
    samd ✭✭✭

@pcone Thanks - glad I'm not alone! Are you on app ver 6.57.0 please?

• pcone
    pcone ✭✭✭
    edited July 2022

Yes, 6.57.0 on Android 12

Seems a few others are having trouble too: https://www.reddit.com/r/tado/comments/vojhxa/server_down/

• samd
    samd ✭✭✭

Thanks - tried signing out of web app and signing in ensuring that select stay signed in - made no difference. I am on lowly Android 9 so that is not the issue.

• Phillip_PAL
    Phillip_PAL ✭✭
    edited July 2022
    Been doing it all weekend on a couple of versions updated to 6.57.0 and still doing it. Affecting both my Samsung S10 and an older tablet both Android.

Get sign in screen, then errors after sign in about no Internet, close all and it then starts but its lost all its settings what device, geolocation, tours, what's new and all graph overlay settings.

As I was away for the weekend with poor connectivity I thought it was that but still doing it at home today.

Sometimes it leaves loads of Internet sign on pages as it jumps out of the app to a Web authentication!
  • samd
    samd ✭✭✭

@Phillip_PAL Wow you have it worse than I have! No settings loss at all for me. I am with Zen Internet - any common ground there please?

• It's just random, seems to work for a bit, then at some later point the app takes ages to load goes through about 2 or three tado of various orangey colour before plonking you at a seemingly fresh installed app screen, show demo, create account or sign in.

Just went through it again but the first sign in is still within the app so not sure when all the other sign in things come from.

I am back at home with no connection issues but still occuring randomly at some later point but if that's the fallback for when it cant connect to tado server it's a very poor experience.

I am going to try and take some screenshots for support to look into if I get time when it next occurs. Thing is tado never admit to any such fault until long after the event such as when they break geolocation for android every few years.

Thing is the app changes so frequently in the background there us no chance to identify what app version caused a fault.

• samd
    samd ✭✭✭

Well I think I have sorted it! All I did was to use the windows app and change my home tel no to an incorrect digit, save it and then revert it and re-save. On loading Android app, immediate change was obvious and has worked unhindered for an hour or so now whereas previous only lasted minutes.

• samd
    samd ✭✭✭

Spoke too soon! But certainly lasted a lot longer - is there some connection with windows app?

• It must surely be server related / corrupt info from server at times. It's happening far less frequently this evening - also once entered username and password it does now sign in rather than suggest there is no network connection. Unfortunately I still have to then claim device, and go through the general first time device used rigmarole.

I've since had feedback from support that they are aware of the issue after all and are investigating.

• I am a beta tester, and started having these issues since the update approx 3 days ago. Absolute nightmare. Needs removing and downgrading ASAP. Thank god it is not winter.
  • IMHO.....it's simply yet another App "glitch" that keeps recurring after a tado° Android App update......I never, ever allow my tado° App to "Auto update" on my phone because I need to know that it has no bugs/glitches......as appears to be the case here.
  • samd
    samd ✭✭✭

Mine has just updated with 5 July so @GrayDav4276 would appear to be right. App problem again!

• Hi @samd
    It may be an App Update issue.....again.....but we'll have to wait and see what tado° thinks/does.......is Boris Johnson in charge at tado° 🤔🤣😎
  • Might have been sorted a few days ago certainly occurred less often no multiple connection failures but still lost app device settings.

Also updated to 6.58.0 and not occurred at all since for phone and older tablet.
  • Has this been resolved yet....or is it still happening ?? 🤔
  • samd
    samd ✭✭✭

@GrayDav4276 Hi - sorted following 6.58!

• Still happening not fixed at all.

• I had this problem - it went away but now it's back again.