Tado to control electric heater

I have a storage room with a traditional (non smart) electric heater. I'm looking for a way to control the temperature in that room from my smart home setup.

Is it possible to get a tado thermostat to control that heater in any way?

Would it be possible to control a smart plug based on the temperature and connect the radiator to the smart plug?

Thanks in advance.

Best Answer

• GrayDav4276
    GrayDav4276 ✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Hi @MarioFerreira

Tado is primarily designed to control your boiler and radiators ........Tado don't have a device designed to control an electric heater or smart plug.......so as far as I can see, the answer to your question is NO

Answers

• Hi @GrayDav4276

Thanks for the clarifications. I'll look for other solutions :)
  • Hi @MarioFerreira
    That'll be me in "Hot water" with Tado now 💦😇🥶
  • @MarioFerreira

I do this with a combination og tado, smart plugs and Homey. Fully automater heating.
  • I have asked many times for a smart plug option. All they do is point us in a general direction such as IFTTT but neglect to help us exactly set up this in the system. Very dissatisfied with their responses so far.

• Perhaps someone could make a switch that fitted on the end of a Tado radiator switch to turn it on and off?

• Do you know how many amps the heater will draw? If it's 3A or less then a wired smart thermostat could control it

Alternatively, if it draws more than 3A you could use the smart thermostat to switch a contactor which would take care of switching the heater load