Can I have the main thermostat and a radiator thermostat in the same room (hall)?

I have the main (wireless) wall mounted thermostat in the conventional place in the hall. I also have a radiator in the hall with a Tado valve. And, I get the impression that the devices are clashing...

I believe that the heating will run if either are not at the required temperature, but, and maybe because the radiator has a MDF radiator cover, I have to have the wall controller is set to 18 and the radiator to 21

...and even then, I'm not convinced that this is all working properly.

Note that I have 8 more valves in other rooms, and these seem to work properly.

Best Answers

• cbd20
    cbd20 ✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    @JonnyS both devices should be added to the same room in the app. There would then only be a single tile for "Hall". You would then set the smart thermostat to be the temperature sensor for the hall. The radiator thermostat will then do what the wall mounted smart thermostat requests.
  • cbd20
    cbd20 ✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Hi @JonnyS if you go into Settings, Rooms & Devices. Then click the name of the room, there should be an option in there to set the "Measuring device".

Hope that helps!
  • cbd20
    cbd20 ✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    @JonnyS technically not, however in your case if you've got a radiator cover there's potentially an advantage to having the temperature measured away from the radiator. Alternatively you could move it to another room if you're finding the radiator thermostat isn't doing a good job of measuring temperature.

Also depending if you've got hot water control too, the smart thermostat also gives you the option to directly control the hot water from there. This can potentially be useful if you need to "boost" the hot water but don't have the app to hand.

Answers

• Thank you… set that now… although I’m not sure how to set which is the master temperature sensor

• Perfect! Thank you

I suppose I don’t actually need the wall mounted thermostat at all really now I have most radiators with their own valves…

• Put the wall thermostat in a room that doesn't have its own valve stat - for preference, in the one you'll use often.