Multiple Home

I’ve just bought a New Tado kit pour a second house.
I understand that Tado app can’t manage multiple home without changing account.
I’d like to known if it is forseen to upgrade app to multiple home capacity ?

Comments

• I’ve just bought a New Tado kit pour a second house.
    I understand that Tado app can’t manage multiple home without changing account.
    I’d like to known if it is forseen to upgrade app to multiple home capacity ?
  • samd
    samd ✭✭✭

@Pbenichou In the suggestions part of this site there is a long-running thread asking tado for this but I'm afraid we do not know where it sits in their priorities for change.

• Thanks samd,

I've just post on suggestion thread. We're allowed to dream ;-)

• When Amazon bought Tado I hoped they will get moey to do what they promised.

They sis not what was promised on their roadmap but instead some funny features nobody asked for and nobody I now ever uses.

• I'm also disappointed to see this discussion has been going on for years.
    I'm a developer myself, and is surprised, that such an obvious facility, is not prioritized.
    Could we at least get an answer to what the priority status is?
  • This said, it is an amazing product. 👍
  • Please, please make this happen - it’s stopping me recommending Tado to others despite me loving this myself.

It’s a perfect platform this needs to be prioritised
  • I have a house and a city apartment. Cannot use Tado in 2 homes. When is the feature expected?
  • Expect it NEVER

I was a champion of Tado and am responsible for several people getting Tado for themselves. - the support department is great.

In the last >15 years, I have sent numerous emails to the dev team and directors asking for this and as easy option explaining that the process of logging out and back in is a 10+ step process requesting it to be simplified if they can't do the real fix.

Tado is not even interested in making this tedious process less tedious - whoever is driving the development team is probably happy with their choices

Do not expect that Tado will EVER do anything about this because it is hard they can't even be bothered to do anything about simplifying the login / out process. Save your breath and log out from this forum. It is just therapy to allow people to talk about stuff so that Tado don't need to do anything about it.

• I posted this a little while back

Note that this only allows one additional copy of the app i.e. 2 different accounts

If you're an Apple user, I'm sure there might be a similar option.

• Wow this is poor. I thought you would be able to move from install to install.
    I use tp link Deco mesh wifi setups in different property's. I can just select an installation from a drop down and then fully access the settings for that property/installation, so easy to do.

Does anyone know if 2 different tado setups can be used in one house with 2 boilers. So 1 tado for 1 boiler and a second for the other.
    I'm think of using the android secure user to run the second tado installation as mentioned above by @davidlyall
  • johnnyp78
    johnnyp78 ✭✭✭
    edited October 2022
    I’m not sure what you mean by different setups - you could have a wireless receiver and wired thermostat connected to the two boilers for example, or two wired thermostats. Might be easier to just use one profile if all the equipment is in the same house - you wouldn’t be able to control the same trvs with multiple profiles.
  • I believe that in a word - NO you can't. (I would be DELIGHTED to be wrong - someone please tell me I am wrong)

Obviously you would only ever need one thermostat system and one location heated. If you went somewhere else then (Tado support suggest to me) use a second phone logged in as another user, oh with the extra email address that you had to create so you could log in as someone else.

But there is a now a black thermostat and a 'dark mode' in the app so that's OK - time well spent in the dev team.

• I also have this problem and discovered this only after purchasing my second tado 

😔

Can you please bring this up the priority order on the development list?

• Maybe I’m in the minority, but I simply log out and use a second email address for accessing the second Tado.

• Just sent them this email -
    Hey Guys
    I have a summer house where I desperately need smart controls of my heating, and as I find tado being the better of the products out there, I want to use that. But where are we at? I have as long as I have had the system been following the ‘multiple homes’ threads and it seems it is a quite a requested feature, so when will you be launching this???? I don’t see it being a matter of “if” you are launching it, as this function is directly linked to the convenience function your products and service provides, but I feel tempted to try out competitors as more and more manufactures are launching equal products to yours, and I may be starting to question wether you are actually the best option out there….?
    Please let me/us know, give us a straight answer - will we get the multiple homes function soon?!
    Best Nicklas
  • As I said before, we use a second email logon address for the other family property. Logout and login works easily for us. Auto-saved passwords save time and convenience too.

• It’s probably a database design problem as they probably didn’t spec this in the beginning as they should have even without implementing the feature from the start. Now adding in a new hierarchy layer to the debase would have a huge impact, hence probably why they haven’t done it. It’s not a case of can’t but they probably can’t in a live development environment. Eufy have this feature from word go it’s brilliant so I can check my different properties and even link a doorbell camera in one property with a chime in another or keep them totally separate! So Eufy nailed the design spec from the word go! Eufy should acquire Tado or the other way around and solve it!
  • Many years have passed and there is still no sign of any progress on adding multiple locations. I'd like to add a second Tado system to my office, but there is no facility to do so on the app. It makes no sense. We the customers are less likely to invest in the Tado ecosystem if it cannot grow with us.

• Cannot believe the app doesnt have it built in - Have only just found out that TADO cant support multiple homes. What a pain in the arse. Cheap chinese hardware and apps support this in our hotels so that we can control multiple zones and rooms at the same time without having to log out and log in over and over, but what is meant to be a higher quality, much higher price level cant do something so simple?

• TJV
    TJV
    edited October 2023

Same request would help me as well [unfortunately not as a second home owner :( ], in my case it would allow me to to install Tado at my parents house and help them set it up, to increase comfort while reducing CO2 footprint / costs.

• I guess we just need to carry several phones like some kind of Breaking Bad villain - but seriously when will this be fixed?