The email address is already used for another home

I left an office "home" we created for our office to join my own home for my apartment.

I get the error "The email address is already used for another home." even tho I have left the last home I was in.

When I log on to the app or webpage, it asks me to "set things up" and create a new home, but then gives me the error that my email is used by another home.

How do I get out of this? I see no options to see what supposed homes my email is connected to.

Answers

• samd
    samd ✭✭✭

@Syversen No idea from tado's end but would it not be easier/quicker to set up an alias if your email system allows?

• Rob2
    Rob2 ✭✭✭

There is no way to manage multiple homes from a single account, and no easy way to do it from different accounts either (you have to reconfigure the app every time, instead of just selecting a home in some menu).

• my account is not connected to any home, i lett the previous one. When i log into the app it tells me to set up a home, since I’m not connected to one. When finalizing the setup, it tells me I am already connected to another home.

• samd
    samd ✭✭✭

@Syversen I am sure support can sort it for you but, at the moment, there is a backlog which is why I mentioned an alias.

• I have the same issue. My email address is connected to a home that was deleted. And now I can't use it for my current home.

• I have the same issue…. Now I can’t use my home.

• Rob2
    Rob2 ✭✭✭

Contact support! They should be able to delete the old home so you can start again.

But remember: it is NOT possible to configure two different homes with the same e-mail! (and also not to have different homes with different e-mail connected to the same app)