Installation

Hi everyone! Iam new to this so hope this makes sense.. I purchased a Tado kit over a year ago and could not find the relevant info to install which is why it’s been forgotten about til now! so here’s hoping someone can help !

I have a Vaillant ecoTEC plus 831R1 combi boiler with no thermostat or timer it’s manually operated (on/off) I have plugged in the bridge and connect to internet and wall mounted the control, but as of yet not wIred. So this is my question can anyone point me in the right direction as to my next move on how to wire to boiler? Thanks for any advice in advance..

Best Answers

• Skippy
    Skippy
    Answer ✓
    Hi
    Use ebus.
    Refer to page 19 onwards of the pro installer manual for the tado.
    Check your boiler details for wiring.
    Always isolate the.mains from.the boiler when wiring.

If in doubt if you can find someone who actually is competent pay them.to do the job for yoj. It's about 30 minutes work.
  • Skippy
    Skippy
    edited September 2021 Answer ✓
    Oh and I had to work this out.
    To set up as described in my last comment when accessing the installer menu on the tado to actually get into.the menu press and hold again for 3 seconds after there instructions end otherwise touchable to start again.
    You do this before fitting it to the wall bracket and powering on the boiler.

Should be easy then as the unit is rest and you just match up the ebus + and negative not the one marked A at both ends.
    Set up your programs and your done.

Answers

• Hi Skippy

Thanks for reply, that’s brilliant thanks I’ll look into that you have been very helpful, much appreciated, should be able to get it working at last!

Thanks again Russ

• Quality thank you ! Massive help all the info I can get the better lol cheers 👍🏻

Russ