Valiant eBus with relay output

Hey there,

Will try to explain my set up and hopefully the problem.

I have a vaillant ecotec boiler and have been using the tado thermostat wirelessly and extension kit with ebus to the boiler. Works perfectly!!!

I would not like to add a second thermostat - but I need this one to control my underfloor heating in a different room. I would like this stat to use its relay output, but wirelessly communicate to the extension kit in order to maintain my ebus connection when firing my boiler.

Is this possible?

Thanks

Answers

• Montage
    Montage ✭✭✭

I know the extension kit won’t support it. I expect the thermostat to be the same.

• Official tado response:

The proposed solution is possible, the wired Smart Thermostat would control your UFH zone (relay, on / off) and would be configurationally linked to the Extension Kit, I confirm.
  • Montage
    Montage ✭✭✭

It would be good to post up how this will be configured.

• I suspect this has been asked before -sorry if it's a repeat -

Does Tado officially support eBus control on Vaillant Boilers? (Ecotec Pro 28 Combi in my case)

And if so - does Tado's implementation of eBus control offer advantages ofer a dumb relay?

By advantages I mean energy saving / longer boiler life etc?

Thanks for any tips!

• Jurian
    Jurian | Admin

@Tado_WhyNo2ndLoc

Does Tado officially support eBus control on Vaillant Boilers? (Ecotec Pro 28 Combi in my case)

• Yes, we support EBUS control of any Vaillant combi-boiler.

And if so - does Tado's implementation of eBus control offer advantages ofer a dumb relay?

• There are huge advantages, tado will control EBUS boilers using modulating control principles. This will bring savings and more comfort.

By advantages I mean energy saving / longer boiler life etc?

• See above.

Use these manuals to rewire tado into EBUS (or get a professional to do it for you):

https://www.tado.com/professional-manuals

• "And if so - does Tado's implementation of eBus control offer advantages ofer a dumb relay?

• There are huge advantages, tado will control EBUS boilers using modulating control principles. This will bring savings and more comfort."

I think I understand above question. I have electric boiler Protherm Ray 12KE that consumes 2-12 kW per hour. So at lowest modulation it consumes 2 kWh. So there could be situations when turning boiler off bring higher savings than running it at lowest power.

So question is if - based on scheduled time blocks, current temperature, desired temperature etc - tado decides what to do, power off heating or lowest modulation. Highest saving option wins.

• I cancel my above qustion 😊.

After couple days with Tado I can say that "no need for heat" in eBUS is equivalent to "relay off". 🙂

• @Jurian Sorry to resurrect an old thread but you said above

• Yes, we support EBUS control of any Vaillant combi-boiler.

Does the same apply for a Vaillant system boiler - i.e. the EcoTec Plus 630?

• @Jurian Trying to get an answer to the same question as @autolycus

is your statement above "Yes, we support EBUS control of any Vaillant combi-boiler." suggesting that non Combi boilers are not supported - eg a Vaillant system boiler?

thanks