Hot water Boost

Is there a way to boost the hot water for a short time at a period when the schedule would normally have the water off.

Best Answer

Answers

• Thanks for that. I was hoping that it could be done quickly on the main thermostat without going into the app. Not sure if that’s possible. Still waiting for my Tado to arrive

• @Michael, I have the same question and have seen your reply.
    Yes you can manually set it to on but that is not practical or every efficient as you have to manually remember to turn it off again in another 30 or 60 minutes or wait for the next off period which could be hours away.

Most other systems have this facility, you already have a boost for all rooms surely it can't be that difficult to have a 30 minute boost for the hot water?

Thank you
  • GrayDav4276
    GrayDav4276 ✭✭✭
    edited November 2021
    Hi @rgh

I have the ability to "Boost" my hot water temperature via my Alexa..... do you have Alexa ?? 🤔
    Alexa also allows me to "Boost any or all my Tado Rooms whenever I want.......I find this to be infinitely better and easier than any of the Tado "Boost" features tbh
  • @Kds51h

I kindly ask you to leave your feature request in the "Suggestions, Ideas and Improvements" section, so it can be discussed and voted on by our Community members.

That feedback then helps us determine what we should change, and which features we should develop further.

• Agree with this as a feature. Google nEst for example allows hit water to be boosted in 30 minute increments. This means I don't have to remember to turn it back off again.
  • cbd20
    cbd20 ✭✭✭
    @joeturner you can do all of what you wish with tado too. In fact, given the age of the earlier comments in this post I'm a little surprised, as you've been able to do this for years...

If you go into Settings - Rooms & Devices and select Hot Water, you can specify how long a manual control event on the device should take effect for. It'll also tell you which device you can control Hot Water from. Most often this is your main thermostat (just press the round button twice to access the hot water setting).

Alternatively, if you wish to "boost" it via the app, select the Hot water tile and then turn it on, you can then click the pencil icon to change how long it should run for. Once changed, then the next time you use that feature it'll remember the state.