Limit user access / privileges

timf
timf ✭✭✭
We have family members who visit our house when we're away sometimes. We've added them (their phones) as Tado users so that the geofencing detects when they're here.

Some of them have a temptation to change the settings which I don't then notice for a while.

Is there a way to limit other users' ability to change the settings (i.e. Limit their access/privileges) whilst keeping their phones working for the geofencing?

I guess this might be useful for parents/children and landlords/tenants too.

Thanks in advance.
Tim

Comments

• Hello timf,

At the moment it there's no difference among users. Every user can change all the settings.

Your suggestion for different levels of access is interesting, we kindly suggest you to open a poll in our Suggestions & Ideas section, where all our users can vote for the developments you find interesting. This help us keeping track of what features our customers are interested in.

Best,

Germán

• Very good idea. I think people should be allowed to change settings however owner or master controller should be advised when settings have been changed by user 1, 2 or 3 etc
  • @"Germán", why have you answered the question this way when different levels of user access has been on the road map for probably nearly 2 years now, along with all the other updates promised?
  • Hello MarkC

Because at the moment is not available.

And having the input of what's interesting for our customers will help us deciding wich developments to prioritize.

Best,

Germán

• Hi German, I know it’s not available, it has been for a long time and still is on the development road map and I’m puzzled as to why you say it’s an interesting suggestion of the OP and for them to start a poll.

There was a similar question asked on the Twitter feed a couple of days ago about the child lock function, also on the road map!!
    Why do you even publish such things if there is no intention of actually releasing the features as it currently appears be?

I for one would like both these features.
  • I too would find this very useful. At the simplist level, allow geo location to work, but don't allow manual changes.
  • Yes I have a paying guest and would like two tiers of password ie an administrator and a lower level for changing schedules and manual changes to specific TRVS. I was promised this a year ago and would like clarification on this from Tado please.
  • This is one for me that would make such a difference to the system. Tado could make a fortune with office locations and student halls etc if they spent the time developing this. I remember going to a workplace sustainability conference a few years back and basic trvs were being put in by a college faculties manager to help reduce heating costs. Imagine the market options if Tado started looking at this Seems crazy not to think about it. And world stop my nieces from super heating my spare room too! 😕
  • Hi Tado Team, I am going to be renting my home out for a year or two and need to give access of my Tado heating and hot water system to the new tenant. But, I need to remain in overall control of Tado for when they eventually leave.

It is essential to have a two tier system (owner + temporary user) for overall ownership and control of my property.

• PS, it would also be great if I could set a default program that I could revert back to when tenant has left.

• I’ve just installed a tado system with 6 radiators. I need this tiered privilege system too and I like to limit room access control to users.
  • As a landlord, this lack of control has stopped me from implementing the system in my student properties

• I would like similar controls over my system. My lodger basically has the house to himself all weekend and I don't even get notified if it gets changed... maybe either notifications or ability to limit his controls?
  • Hi, is there any development on this tier/child access privileges and if so when can we expect an implementation?
  • It is shocking and very disappointing that Tado has not implemented this system. So easy to do and a no brainer when you consider the AirBnB options of renting rooms.
    I pay a premium subscription and don't have a option that should be free..
    I own multiple properties that are smart home and I'm always on a lookout for the best system for my needs and at the moment Tado is not one.
  • rafm5
    rafm5 ✭✭✭

Best to give your support and up vote the existing request for this feature:

https://community.tado.com/en-gb/discussion/1264/limit-user-access-privileges

• and its really part of this in that really about individualising controls inc geofencing

ps there is also another thread that is only about individual setting control

• Just start with a lower level User who cannot manage other Users (i.e. cannot Revoke Access, Remove Device) and who cannot Delete Home. Individual Smart Radiator Thermostat management would be next.