Firmware revisions

I noticed that my Taod TRV's are on different firmware revision levels. Some are at 54.9, others at 54.12. My Tado Thermostat is at 54.8.

I can not find any options to manually start an upgrade to the lates firmware. I believe this should happen automatic. I wonder then why not all my devices are upgraded at the same time. Also, can't find any info on revisionlevels, what problems do they fix or which improvements do they provide. Would be nice to get some info on that.

Best Answer

• Sean_Tado_Beta_User
    edited May 2019 Answer ✓

Hi

I found the firmware update button is in the HomeKit section in Settings. Just click on each device and you can identify if it needs updating or not. Thermostats are 50.8 and Radiator valves are 54.12 latest firmwares.

Just do one at a time.

Not sure why on earth they put it there??

Answers

• Thanks, odd place to put an update button. I wonder what it has to do with HomeKit. Strange thing is that one of my valves is not responding in HomeKit, while it is connected in the Tado app. But while it is not responding to HomeKit, the update button is also not available. However, I was able to update some of the valves.

• How about users who aren't using Apple Homekit? Is there an option to upgrade firmware for Android users too - V3 app? I also have some TRVs on 54.9 and others on 54.12.

• I really don't know. I did a reset of Homekit on the internetbridge, removed the bridge from Homekit, added it again and then assigned all theTVR's to the rooms they are in. From then on the updates worked, and now they are all at 54.12 So it seems the updates were held back because the non responding status in Homekit. Tado supports Google Home too, and also Google assistant i believe, but i have no knowledge about that. But I think a firmware upgrade facility should not be depending on an external platform like Homekit or Google or Alexa. The update button is clearly placed in the wrong location.

• Thank you for the detailed reply. I agree the update should be under the control of Tado's app, not a third party hub. I have Amazon Alexa and I have set it up to control each room, but I cannot see any equivalent upgrade settings in the Alexa app settings. Perhaps re-setting the internet bridge will help as you suggest. I will also see what I can do with Google Assistant on my phone...

• What are people’s current firmware versions for their V3+ TRVs, Smart Thermostats, Bridge and Extension Kit. Strangely the firmware version numbers for my kit differ in number from what they say under the device details on tado device section to the HomeKit section- HomeKit numbers are lower and don’t seem to change...
    But according to tado device section, my versions are:
    TRVs: 66.1
    Smart Thermostats- Vertical: 58.9
    Bridge: 60.6
    Extension Kit: 64.6
  • I thought the bridge determine the V3 or V3+ version. And I thought the rad thermostat will work with any bridge.
  • I've just installed a whole system in my house - 10 x Smart Radiator Thermostats, a Smart Thermostat and an Extension Kit.

Although the TRV's and Smart Thermostat is all from V3+ packs, I separately bought a V3 Bridge and Extension Kit on ebay. The App believes my system is a V3 (so it detects the open windows etc.)

TRV's - 66.1

Smart Thermostat - 67.2

Internet Bridge - 60.6

Extension Kit - 31.13

Everything is working in perfect harmony :)

• Today, Tado Support pushed a Firmware update to my Extension Kit and it's now up to 64.6

So yes, Tado Support need to PUSH the update

• championc
    championc
    edited September 2020

Just an update

TRV's - 66.1

Smart Thermostat - 67.2

Internet Bridge - 60.7

Extension Kit - 71.1

App version 5.13.0 (1500513004)

• ^ basically I concur with the above, except as follows..

• Extension Kit: mine is still on 64.2
    • Smart AC Control: 60.2
  • I've just received a 4 pack of valves, 2 of them have firmware 66.1 and two have 54.12. Do we know the difference and if they can be updated? (out of interest I checked out all my other valves and found two that have 75.1 - I think these were the first two I bought that came with the thermostat, and the previous 4 pack I got are all 66.1)

• my

• bridge is 60.7
    • trv's 66.1

all part of a kit purchased in 08/2019 & i think is v3.

• oh, just checked again and the two new ones that were 54.12 have updated to 66.1 :)

• Trv’s now running 75.1

• Hmm.. I'm in the UK. Checked all my TRVs and they're a mixture of 54.12, 54.19, and 54.9 versions.

I bought them all between Oct 2017 to Dec 2017. When it was still V3 version. Although I've now upgraded my plan / membership to V3+ (but still same v3 original bridge).

How do I force the firmware update? I've only got android, not iOS devices.
  • Do long as the bridge is connected to the net then they should auto update
  • My devices have now updated as follows

TRV's - 75.1

Smart Thermostat - 67.2

Internet Bridge - 60.7

Extension Kit - 71.2

App version 6.0.2 (1500600020)

I have a V3 bridge. While I initially needed to ask Tado to force the upgrade of the Extension Kit, it seems to upgrade automatically
  • I think since the 75.1 revision the low-battery warning with trv’s running on rechargeable batteries is gone.

I only got 3 low battery warnings in my list and there all with trv who are not on 75.1.

66.1, 54.9. & 54.19 all still have the warning and low battery symbol. I dont know why but cant update them through the firmware update button in the Homekit section.
  • Hi Nielsch,

That's truly great news if firmware 75.1 finally solves the issue with the use of rechargeable batteries. Hopefully, Tado will officially confirm this. I will drop support an email to see what they say.

As for your TRVS on older firmware, Tado will only push firmware updates to devices that have sufficient battery and thus you will need to change the batteries. Firmware updates should then happen.

• Ok, response from Tado customer services is that rechargeable batteries are still not officially supported.😥

Make of that what you will, but if some users are having greater success with them it can only be a good thing.

• App update today allowing rooms in the display to be re-ordered

App version 6.1.0 (1500601004)

No change in Devices firmware since my last post on Oct 24

• New Fw TRVS 75.2....
  • I have 6 TRV's and just checked the FW version as im started to have issues after 2 years of service

5 are 75.1

1 is 75.2

I can't seem to force an update in the app or webpage?

• 17 Jan 2021

TRV's - 75.2

Smart Thermostat - 76.1

Internet Bridge - 60.7

Extension Kit - 71.2

App version 6.3.3 (1500603030)
  • What would really interest me is some release notes ..

• TRVs are (gradually moving to) 79.1
  • Hi @DrAlex,

Am I correct in assuming that you have some SRT's at 79.1. ?? 🤔
  • Here too, some are on 79.1 now. Just wondering if we will ever learn what they change...

• @DrAlex & @Vetje

Which country do you live in ?? 🤔