Individual Geofence Option

Hi. Not sure if this has been mentioned before, but would be great if you could set-up individual Geofencing capability for each individual Smart Radiator Thermostat. To explain, I am often away from home for several days at a time for work and would like to be able to automatically detect this and shut off the Radiator Thermostat heating in my office. Same for when my kids are away to Uni. The App should detect they are x miles away from home and not heat their bedrooms.

I have just installed Tado and am just finding my way around it, so maybe this is possible and I just haven't found how to do it yet!?

319 votes

Active · Last Updated

Comments

• I would REALLY love to see that function!

We are four students living in a shared apartment. Everyone has his own room, so we would definitely benefit from an individualized geofencing. Would be good for our wallet, for our well-being and for climate also, since we're heating with natural gas. Also that's the main point, which makes tado unique, compared to other smart-heating-systems. Tado, why aren't you focusing onto your USP (unique selling point)?

But as a matter of fact I installed tado three years ago, because this function had been on their former roadmap. So I don't think this will ever come.

• Hello Tado, on your roadmap last year you have shown that you are planning to implement away/geofencing modes for each room for different users. This would mean that each specific room can be aligned to a specific user for the geofencing. We are 2 seperate parties living in my house (one party each floor) and I would like to activate the away mode on the ground floor for the party A and the away mode for the second floor for party B. Do you have an idea when this feature will be implemented?
  • Same experience, I hacked it by switching off the Tado geofencing and setting up a HomeKit scenario which even allows you to create a rule "When first/last of these people come/leaves". It is good for differentiating e.g. children room from other rooms, but it has not so granular geofencing settings and somewhat is glitchy sometimes.

• Same for me, it would be a great addition!
  • Hi,
    I have the same issue. Would be very nice if this would become a feature.
    Cheers
  • Came here to post this idea. Nice to see it's already there.
  • +1, this really is an important missing feature. I'm not bothering with any smart valves till this possible.

• I already do this via my Homey automation controller. It can talk to tado plus many other things and has presence detection with multiple users. The tado geofencing is by far the best so my Homey uses that to detect when people are home. I have also added a guest button to Homey that overrides the geofencing when someone is staying with us and is home when we are not.

One of the benefits of tado providing an API for other controllers to interface to it.

These features are great so it would be nice to see it built in to tado.

• +1, I think this is important to save cost/energy

• I have been looking at smart home controllers to create this option. mainly Athom Homey Pro. Apps set up rules that can be used to create the scenario wanted

• I've bought the system for a holiday home I let out, and sometimes stay at myself. I want to be able to heat only the bedrooms that are occupied, and it looks as if I'll have to manually adjust the schedule for those bedrooms on a weekly basis - disappointing to say the least, and the system won't deliver me the savings I anticipated without this feature.