Some questions before buying

So we are 1 week away from getting a new boiler and cylinder and need to make a decision on the thermostat and leaning towards Tado.

Is there a practical way to overcome the problem with incorrect TRV readings next to radiators? As I understand it, this is one of the main issues.

Can you operate the app/system remotely whilst being away? (Say when you want to switch it back on 1 day before coming back from holidays)

I see conflicting comments about this online, with some saying that Tado will only automatically decide when you are back based on the location services that are part of the subscription service. This seems OK in some cases - say when out to a restaurant, etc. - but a bit silly when you are coming back after a week or two of holidays and may want to switch it manually?

Do you have to subscribe to Tado's monthly service and if not, then is the system severely limited in functionality?

Given the likely limitations, would it be fair to say that Tado is best used in combination with 'standard' system? So say we have 17 rads, 3 floors. We would then get Tado thermostat and a few TRVs only in the rooms that we use during the day (kitchen, office) whilst heat the rest of the house on standard/manual TRVs in the morning and evening when everyone is back in? (and switch on/off certain rooms, e.g. guest bedroom with manual TRVs for the time when someone is in).

Answers

• Thank you. Very helpful.

At the end, I researched a bit more and I don't think we would be making too much use from the smart thermostat feature. We do have a big house however, with single glazed windows (conservation area), which is always tricky to heat between different rooms. So all in all, we are going for EvoHome with individual TRVs... Let's see. I don't like the look of their TRVs as much as Tado, but if you focus on reliability + practicality, then it seems like Evo is a way to go (and the plumber we have has much more experience installing it, so at least I will have peace of mind he will plug it all correctly along with the whole new system).

Thanks again though!