Tado black Cover

Hello,

I have Tado Smart Thermostats in my house.

Now the new bathroom has dark brown "rust" tiles. Of course, all light switches and covers are available in black. Next to it is the white thermostat.

Does anyone have experience with repainting the thermostat, is there something to buy or is it not possible?

Answers

• samd
    samd ✭✭✭

@AnnoPirat Hello - I've not heard of a black option but try one of the following on a spare bit of plastic to see if you are happy with the result.

Use paints that are specifically formulated to adhere to plastics. There are several available on the market such as Krylon Fusion for Plastic® , Valspar® Plastic Spray Paint , and Rust-Oleum Specialty Paint For Plastic Spray . If using regular spray paint then your item will need to be primed.

• I have a similar problem. I have a black radiator and the standard white radiator thermostat is going to look horrible.

Has anyone successfully painted their Tado Smart Radiator Thermostat?

• Also curious if anyone has managed to change the colour of their valves successfully - paint or a cover of some kind

• The led indicators most likely will be obscured or dimmed by the paint - so the display is harder to read or not at all readable.

• I've got this, brand new black rad in the lounge with chrome hardware and black locking valve. Then the fugly white trv on the other side 😬

To be fair, I literally never ever look at it so I'm not really triggered by it. It's child locked so never use it manually either.

I'd be more inclined have a plastic mold made (3D printed maybe?) to cover it... If you're feeling artsy you could probably fashion something out of an old bog roll tube cut to size and painted black with gloss... Not like anyone's looking at it closely 🤷‍♂️
  • Depends how accurate you want the temperature reading to be. Tado has just brought out a black temperature sensor, so black trvs may not be far behind.
  • Good point, didn't think about the temp reading. I guess given how close to the radiator it is and different ways it can be installed (top, bottom, angled or straight) it wouldn't make a huge difference.

Would be nice to see a retail black TRV though.
  • rafm5
    rafm5 ✭✭✭

Tado V3+ Black Edition is available exclusively at screwfix (UK)

• AnnoPirat
    AnnoPirat
    edited October 2022

Tado V3+ Black Edition is available in Germany, too :D

https://www.tado.com/de-en/press-releases/tado-black-st

• Are you sure? That press release says it’s exclusive to screwfix in the UK.

• App shows available "Soon" 😎😊

• Black TRV - gimme gimme gimme.
  • Anyone actually tried spraying one yet?