Third Party Access Removal

DelBoy
DelBoy
edited June 2022 in General Questions & Topics
I recently linked Google Home, Samsung Smartthings and Amazon Alexa to my Tado account to see what Tado functionality each system provides. I've decided to go with one and want to delete the permission granted to the others. Other apps/systems provide the ability to see which third parties have been granted access and allow deletion - i can not find anything either on the Tado app or via the web account. Any ideas?

Answers

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] | Moderator

Hello @DelBoy,

At the moment, logins to the different platforms are not tracked, but you can make this a suggestion for the Suggestions, Ideas and Improvements category.

Best regards,

Your tado° team

• Apologies but i don't understand the response. Maybe i don't understand how account linking works.
    From Google, Samsung and Amazon i was presented with a Tado signon screen to enter my user/password. They each then said my account was 'linked'. Does this give them access to my Tado account, or does it allow Tado to send triggers/notifications to those accounts? Either way, if i don't remove that permission then access to my data, or sending of my data, will persist. How do i now stop that from happening?
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] | Moderator

The only authorization given to the platforms is to use the devices. These platforms do not receive any other data, they simply get permission to send commands to operate the devices. If you do not intend to use the devices on a specific platform, you can simply remove them, which revokes the authorizations.

Your tado° team