Smart AC - What is "Auto"?

I recently bought the Smart AC Controller V3+ and everything seems to be working just fine. However I can't figure one thing out - the Auto mode. In the Heat and Cool mode I can set the desired temperature but I can't find that setting in Auto. So, what does this setting do?

Answers

• Hello Blue_Suede,

This depends on the AC's Auto mode behavior, is not controlled by us.

Best regards,

Germán

• Ah, OK. I will just have to experiment a little and see what happens.

Thank you for your answer, Germán!
  • I saw a comment on this board, and my testing confirms the same, that setting the mode to Auto makes it heat to 25 degrees. I don't know if it would cool to 25 degrees if the starting temperature was higher.

This isn't working as the "Auto" mode built into the air conditioning unit, which keeps keeps the unit heating or cooling to the specified temperature.

It would be helpful to know from Tado if the 25 degrees functionality is the currently implemented functionality and working as intended.

• mojo_333
    mojo_333
    edited September 2020

Any update on this? In my auto mode (Fujitsu ac unit) you can set the temperature when in "Auto" mode and the unit will then either cool or heat to the desired temperature.

As has been said I currently cannot set a temperature in "Auto" mode just as you would in cool or heat mode.

"Auto" mode is the most efficient of modes i.e. only cools or heats when needed so please Tado support this by adding the ability to set the temperature (and fan speed) for this mode just as you've done for cooling and heating.

• New member so first post

I have a Samsung ac unit. My remote has the Auto mode and temperature can be adjusted between 17c - 30c The Tado app only switches the auto on my ac at 25c no adjustment available. For me Auto is my favourite setting however 25c is way too hot for me i would prefer 18-22c. Has anyone found a method of changing the default 25c setting please?

• I agree with previous posters. normally my daikin split runs in auto with an adjustable temp set to 23C. On the original remote, when selecting the different modes the set temp changes for each.

it would be good if the auto temp setting could be set in the settings and transmitted immediately before changing to auto this would work. In the current state it would be best for the auto mode to show 25C as the “hardwired” auto temp.

also, in heat mode, 22C often shows as about 5% on the slider bar.

finally, HomeKit does not show the current off/on state and opening the accessory page will switch the unit off or change settings. Changin in HomeKit does update the app though.

I love the simple manual timer off function!

• I also have this behaviour, I have a Carrier airco.

I don't get it why Tado doesn't support this feature. That you specify the temperature and set it to auto mode
  • I've set my Smart AC to "heat" because I suspect that "Auto" both heat and cool, not good in the wintertime. I would like to have a "wintertime" schedule (only heat) and a "summertime" (only cool or maybe auto) schedule.

• Just an update running into winter 23 2 years plus and still no update 25c is too hot when in auto mode

come on Tado with energy prices as they are 25c is way too warm