Do your TRV "calibrate" when you change the offset?

Options

Hello, all of my TRV make the calibration noise (as if they were opening and closing the valve) every time I update the temperature offset

Does anyone have any idea why this happen?

Answers

• Germán
    Options

Hello jacopo2,

This kind of adjustment requires the device to reset, which triggers the calibration. It is an expected behavior.

Best,

Germán

• Jacopo2
    Jacopo2 ✭✭✭
    Options

Thanks Germán; can this be calibration be avoided? This would open to the possibility of using external temperature sensors (which are not available from Tado)

• Germán
    Options

Hello Jacopo2,

No, the threshold changes when you set an offset, the device needs to do it -it's not even a full calibration, only opens and close to verify these positions-.

Best regards,

Germán

• Jacopo2
    Jacopo2 ✭✭✭
    Options

What d you mean with "the threshold changes"? Does the offset change the mechanical opening and closing points of the valve?

• Germán
    Options

No, but the temperatures. This requires the reset. And after the reset the valve will need to verify motor positions. The two things are unrelated but linked to the reset.

• Jacopo2
    Jacopo2 ✭✭✭
    Options

I don't see how a temperature update requires a mechanical adjustment, surely this can be addressed with a firmware update.

This would make me and other users very happy and more likely to keep their TRVs instead of returning them.

• MikOsle
    Options

Yes, this would be highly appreciated. This feature is requested by a lot of users and should be simple to implement (or should I say remove)