Hot Water not showing up in the app

Hi, I recently installed my Tado heating system and everything is working fine except the hot water control isn't showing up in the app. I've installed the hot water extension kit and the smart bridge....am I missing something?

Thanks

Answers

• Hello ,

Please contact our Support Team either via our contact form:

Or via our Live Chat (yellow chat box, bottom left):

Kind regards,

Joey

• Me too, professionally installed but no HW option in the app. Did you ever get this resolved?

• Me too. My system was professionally installed but, even so, the option for hot water is not showing in the app. The extension kit says "This extension kit controls your heating".

This is an old post but I am hopefully that maybe you managed to get this sorted? How did you get it working in the end?

• Me too. My system was professionally installed but, even so, the option for hot water is not showing in the app. The extension kit says "This extension kit controls your heating".

This is an old post but I am hopefully that maybe you managed to get this sorted? How did you get it working in the end?

• Same issue here, anybody got a resolution for this issue?
  • Never got it sorted, gave up in the end.
  • Hi Rez, What did Tado support say about the issue? I just can’t understand how it does not show in the app when there is an extension kit installed that allows for hot water control. Disappointed I’ve invested in this system
  • Had the same problem. There is a jumper behind the extension kit. The manual says what setting is needed. Once the jumper correctly plugged you should see hot water option in the app.

• I had the same issue, emailed support and they added the hot water icon to my app, I now can set a schedule

• Hi, I have just fitted a v3+ Tado Smart TRV starter kit and additional Tado smart TRV’s to every radiator in my home. In order for Tado to control my boiler for heating and hot water can I just fit a Tado Add on extension pack to my boiler without the need for a standalone wireless Tado thermostat (as the TRV’s will control the temperature in every room). I ask as I’ve seen some posts regarding the need of a smart thermostat to communicate with the extension pack to control hot water & calling for heat (which the TRV’s can’t do on their own). Thanks

• I had the same issue and contacted support on the web chat and the hot water was added.

• Colleen
    Colleen
    edited November 2020
    Hi all,
    We had the exact same issue and with the phone lines referring you through to the chat and the chat not responding in weeks I’ve searched the internet to find you can manually activate the heating icon to come on in the app. I have attached the setup guide, just follow the instructions and it will show up within 2 minutes.
    Hopefully this will save hours of searching or frustration with the lack of support from tado.

I wasnt sure how to add pictures on this but here is the link to the manual:
    Last 3 pages of this guide - https://www.tado.com/start/manuals/st/Extension%20Kit%20Manual%20-%20230V%20Relay%20Installations.pdf
  • Hi Colleen,

Thank you for your link, i have been able to enable hot water after i used point 5 from the shared document https://www.tado.com/start/manuals/st/Extension%20Kit%20Manual%20-%20230V%20Relay%20Installations.pdf

• Hi Colleen/ Andre,

Did the hotwater tile show up on the app straight away after following this guide? Have followed it but nothing changed
  • Just now installing with a professional- he had to do something in Extension kit (open it and do something there) and hot water appeared in my app after I completely closed and opened it
  • The jumper is not always required......my installation did not require the jumper and I have my hot water controlled by the App