Smart Thermostat disconnects multiple times a day - works again when I pull batteries

Wierd problem on one of my Tado systems:

Several times a day/night the Smart thermostat becomes disconnected from the system.

The bridge is fine and stays connected all the time.

This means we are constantly waking up in baking conditions as the boiler runs on full blast all night.

I will add my complaint to the many existing complaints, that the tado system should failsafe against this

as it could be dangerous, but I understand that Tado do not listen to complaints or add new features.

Sometimes the Smart thermostat reconnects after a few minutes.

I can reliably force it to reconnect by removing the batteries and reinserting them.

The Bridge is working fine, my internet connection is perfect, the batteries are new -

I can't work out what's wrong - has anyone experienced similar?

Firmware for this Smart Thermostat is: V85.1

I have another Tado system that is working OK - the firmware on that Smart Thermostat is: V54.2

Comments

• Jurian
    Jurian | Admin

Hi, this looks like a connection issue between the bridge and your thermostat.

The only way to resolve this is to try and move the tado bridge or the tado thermostat. Since the Thermostat is usually fixed in a location, the remaining option is to move the bridge.

By using a longer internet LAN cable, you can move the tado bridge further away from your router.

Be aware that even a small change in orientation of the tado bridge will have a big impact on the connection in certain directions. That is why I would recommend to try different orientations of the tado bridge (upside down, horizontal, diagonal, flipped etc..)

• I can't help but comment on this. This is the most ridiculous piece of garbage I have ever bought. Your only job is to make the reliable connection and you failed in doing this. What's the point of even creating something so broken?

• Also, if you advise people to use longer cable, why would you supply the one that's 20 cm long with your bridge. Did you even try to think when you created all of this?

• Well said...........