No Remote Access on 1 SRT

Options
GrayDav4276
GrayDav4276 ✭✭✭
One of my Rooms (1 x SRT) has had "NO REMOTE ACCESS" 18 times in
in 3 & 1/2 days (so far).....

I have removed the SRT (Inc mount) and waited 15 Mins before remounting it.
I have also restarted "pairing" on the Bridge (left pairing active for over 4 hours)

I have also reset the Extension Kit on various occasions and nothing seems to be the 'definite' cure for this.

The "NRA" occurs at all sorts of different times of the day & night.....sometimes for a few minutes but usually for a few hours.

Nothing is showing up in "Care & Protect"........the only indications are in "Rooms & Devices" against the device and also in the graphs for the Room.

I also have incorrect LED displayed on the Extension Kit.....but Tado Support keep stating that my Extension Kit is 'showing as operating correctly at their end'......

Has anyone got any other ideas of what else I can try.

Comments

• samd
    samd ✭✭✭
    Options

@GrayDav4276 Hi - perhaps a bit of a nuisance to do but have you tried 'swapping' with one in a different room?

• gary333
    Options
    I have a spot in my house where anything wireless seems to struggle on an evening. As per above it might be worth moving the device to another room to rule out interference.
  • GrayDav4276
    GrayDav4276 ✭✭✭
    edited February 2021
    Options
    Hi @gary333,
    It has worked in it's current location (conservatory) for months without a hitch.
    @samd
    I'll swap it's location with another SRT and see what transpires.
  • gary333
    gary333 ✭✭✭
    edited February 2021
    Options

Totally understand mate, it will just rule out the equipment for you. It could be that it's developing a fault or a dry joint on the antenna or something similar. It could also be that someone has bought some new equipment in another house that is inteferring. Things like door bells, garage door openers, other houses thermostats etc. If it is this, Tado I believe are able to change the channel your signal is broadcast on.

• Rob2
    Rob2 ✭✭✭
    Options

Are the different SRT on different firmware versions? Is the affected SRT on a lower version than the others?

• GrayDav4276
    Options
    Hi @Rob2,
    Sorry, I forgot to mention it....all SRT's on the very latest firmware update... 79.1
  • Rob2
    Rob2 ✭✭✭
    Options

Ok. I have been thinking that the problems some people currently have with the SRT going offline might be due to the fact that firmware updating causes significantly more network traffic than normal operation. As there recently was a firmware update, it may be that they go offline because they experience errors during the firmware transfer, that they would not encounter during normal operation.

But apparently that is not the case here.

• GrayDav4276
    GrayDav4276 ✭✭✭
    edited February 2021
    Options
    Hi @Rob2
    I follow your thought process which definitely seems to have merit.....however my SRT's were updated at least 2 weeks ago.....and we're done on two consecutive days.....with no immediate issues.

Since my original post (18 NRA's) it has happened again 3 more times....before I had swapped it over. I had a spare SRT that I was using to compare temperature readings in my living room....I have now swapped these over and 'placed' the suspect SRT into a new room which I have called "Test Room"......this will enable me to move the suspect SRT around my property to work out if it's a "weak" SRT

So far it's not had another NRA occurance.......but I'll have to wait and see what happens next....