Recent App Updates....What's new ?? 🤔

Options
GrayDav4276
GrayDav4276 ✭✭✭
Hi Everyone,
Can anyone shed some light on the last 3 App Updates.....
I know what it says it's for, but I've not been able to "SEE" anything at all.
I have compared between 2 different devices and can't detect a change, what's happening ?? 🤔

Best Answers

• GrilledCheese2
    GrilledCheese2 ✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

The only difference I detected was adding a yearly view to the Heating Activity feature. The initial release was only a monthly view.

• GrilledCheese2
    GrilledCheese2 ✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

@GrayDav4276 Yes it’s one of the premium features. I’m a legacy user so I get the extra features without subscribing. From time-to-time it’s useful to see the heating activity, but there’s no explanation from Tado how the hours are calculated. What happens if the system has multiple zones? And does it differentiate between a zone heating at 20% and another zone heating at 100%.

• Rob2
    Rob2 ✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

You can get a paid subscription to monitor the health of your installation.

It does not even read the diagnostic codes made available by the boiler via OpenTherm (like the brandname thermostats do), not it just guesses the status by looking at the temperature response to the heating requests it makes.

When my boiler is in an error status e.g. due to low water pressure or low gas pressure, it says "everything OK" when the temperatures still do not fall too low.

Go figure.

• GrayDav4276
    GrayDav4276 ✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Agreed @Rob2,
    I had two occasions when my boiler simply shutdown and displayed an error code on the front panel display.....according to the Tado..... "everything OK" when clearly it wasn't.
    This is yet another 'function' operation which is totally misrepresented by Tado.
  • rafm5
    rafm5 ✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

@GrayDav4276

Well, Santa is here. Ho ho ho

xD

Answers

• GrayDav4276
    GrayDav4276 ✭✭✭
    edited January 2021
    Options
    Hey @GrilledCheese2,
    I assume you can only see this if you subscribe to the "Auto Assist" function.

I'm really cynical regarding some of the "extra" features that Tado provide....I am yet to be convinced tbh
  • GrayDav4276
    GrayDav4276 ✭✭✭
    Options
    This is what I have found with many of these Tado 'extras'....most of the 'supposed' results/information presented by Tado simply cannot be substantiated or rationalised imho
    There is no way that I would entertain paying for a 'feature' that is just 'smoke and mirrors'......a bit harsh, I know!! 😎
  • GrayDav4276
    GrayDav4276 ✭✭✭
    Options

Hi All,

After the recent "issues" after the latest couple of Android App updates......I was just wondering ......I have received a Google Appstore notification for another Tado update.......I have my auto update feature turned off and will only update Tado when I know that the update is "safe"

So......has anyone updated their Tado App today, and if so, is your App still functioning correctly.......also what is the update ??🤔

• GrayDav4276
    GrayDav4276 ✭✭✭
    Options
    @rafm5

Well well..... Can you believe it
    No No No 🤣😎
  • cristian06
    Options
    Hello comunity. Anyone of you notice that tado app, often not work on wifi? With mobile network work well I have 2 routers in home both are tplink and have 2.5ghz and 5 ghz If you have a solution for this bug, will be verry good Thx alot